Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Guardian Angel**

 My sweet sweet Grandma Lue! Gosh I miss you here on Earth and I still have days I cry thinking of you and missing our talks....they are happy tears and I am so grateful to have you as my guardian angel!!! I have felt your presence in some very sacred and special times in my life. You were the best example of kindness, selflessness, happiness, love, virtue, and womanhood. I love the memories we've had together that will be locked in my heart forever until our sweet reunion in heaven. There was never a person on the street you didn't hand out money to and have a tear in your eye because of the amazing gift you have to care for people. You always kept yourself so nice and beautiful. I loved helping you touch up your hair and put your lipstick on. I hope to age as beautifully as you. 
Grandma Lue I was so blessed to be with you in your last week of life here on Earth. I know that both you and our Father in Heaven had a hand in it to allow things to work out for us to be together. I remember when you were in the hospital and had developed aspiration pneumonia. I was already emotional from recently breaking up with CJ that I had dated for two years, so needless to say there were a lot of tears shed. I remember I was sitting by your side, you were holding my hand and sleeping. I was reading the Ensign when you woke up and looked at me and you said "you are so beautiful....inside and out." Grandma you don't know how much I needed to hear that at that very moment. I ended up leaving later that day to go back and work for a day and figure out my schedule then drove back out to be with you. By the weekend you were not doing as well and we knew it was almost your time to return to Heavenly Father. All of our family spent the day by your side on Saturday. By the end of the day everyone was very tired and needed to go home. I was blessed to be the one to stay with you for the night. I treasure every minute of being by your side. That night I could feel the spirit so strongly in our room. I assisted giving you morphine and ativan as you needed it along with the nurse that worked the night. It was about 2 am when the nurse had come in to roll you onto your other side. They put your head down to roll you easier and it caused you to choke some. It scared me and I wished so badly I could take it away for you. I stayed in the chair by your side all night. We prayed together and even sang together (Yes I did sing and we both know how well our family sings). By about 5 am the aide came in and I helped her to get you cleaned up. We combed your hair, put your chapstick on, and your favorite Victoria Secret lotion. I still to this day cannot smell that lotion without thinking of you! It was Sunday morning now (your favorite day of the week) so while we cleaned you up we listened to church hymns on my phone. I had text the family letting them know I thought you were getting close to passing so that they could come see you. Your sister Bonnie and Uncle Terry showed up along with Brandon and Amanda. We sat by your bed holding your hands while Bonnie kissed your cheek and reassured you it was okay to go to sleep and to go be with mom. Peacefully you took your last breath. I cannot imagine how many angels were in the room with us that morning greeting you back to our Father in Heaven. It was not a coincidence that your passed away on Sunday, the Lord's day, and your favorite day. Within 2 minutes your sweet husband and 2 daughters walked in the door. They were so sad to have missed your passing, but I know in my heart it was meant to be. You didn't want them remembering that moment, but rather all of the other beautiful memories. We sat around your bed and told of our memories and funny stories, laughing and crying together. It was perfect and just how you would have wanted it to have been. I love your Grandma. I can't wait to see you again, healthy and strong, and have our little talks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment