Saturday, May 5, 2012
Blessings......
We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things
'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise
We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe
When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not our home
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise
Blessings are what keep me going.....Along with the amazing support of my Savior and Family. I went to Time Out For Women a couple months ago. It was perfect! I heard amazing words that I truly needed. I know that everyone can receive revelation...but the last few years I've been figuring out how I receive my own personal revelation. One of the ways I have received guidance in my life time and time again is through music, specifically church music. It speaks to my heart and invites the spirit in such a personal and special way for me. While I was at Time Out for Women I bought the new Mercy River CD. I love them! I listened to the CD on my way home and this song struck me in such a way it probably wasn't safe for me to be driving. I truly felt my Heavenly Father comforting me, speaking to me, and felt his presence right then. I have had a hard time understanding why time and time again my heart is broken...not only broken but shattered and stomped on. I listen to this song seriously on a daily basis. It keeps me going and reminds me to keep perspective in my life. I know that why I am going through what I am is because of life. It is because we are here to grow. Each of us with our own agency and ability to make choices. Whether these choices are good or bad, or whether they hurt or help others we still can make them. Though I cannot yet completely say I am grateful for what I have been through, I can say I am so grateful for the positive things it has done for me. I am closer to my Father in Heaven, my testimony has grown, my empathy has grown for people going through similar trials, and even if it takes a thousand sleepless nights crying out to my Heavenly Father to help me.....I CAN do this, and I can better know his love and plan for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I absolutely love mercy river!
ReplyDelete