Saturday, August 4, 2012

New Adventure~Life in the ER

I have started a new job working at the ER at McKay Dee. I absolutely LOVE it! It was yet again another blessing in disguise. I have had a lot of different jobs in my life, especially with moving around so much throughout college. For some reason with every job that I have interviewed for I have been offered a position (maybe the people pity me haha). So when I applied for this ER position like 5 months ago and interviewed and wasn't offered the job I was kinda sad. I enjoyed the place I was currently working and just figured I would apply again sometime in the future. Little did I know that the Lord had a huge hand in it! A few days after I had interviewed and found out I hadn't gotten the job my life came crumbling down around me......I had no idea this was going to happen, but out Father in Heaven is able to see things that we can't. Seeing things hind site now there would have been absolutely no way I could have started a new job, especially in the ER that is high intensity and high stress, along with currently being in school, and going through everything I was going through. My current job was AMAZING to me! They will see in the month of June that for some reason I was "sick" a lot, and they completely understood my situation. I was driving back and forth from Wyoming and random other places that I would go and sleep for a few hours in between working. I had hit rock bottom! Lower than I have ever been in my life and sinking quickly. I had a four day span that I was working nights, driving back and forth, and had slept approximately 4 hours in those four days. Looking back on the month of June it sincerely was a blur. Life was continuing to go on around me and my body was going through the motions of living, but inside I was numb and felt completely dead. I cannot express in words my gratitude for the millions of blessings I have received the last 10 months of my life, but most especially the last 3 months of it. I can't thank the wonderful friends and family around me enough for a kind word or act of service I have received EXACTLY at the moment I most needed it. I know that I have had unseen angels around me helping me through it, but I also know there have been SO many angels here on Earth that have helped me. I am so grateful that the Lord works through others, and that those people in my life followed those promptings even when they had absolutely no idea why or what I was going through.....They just knew I needed them. Thank you thank you! So.....I did end up applying for an ER position about a month later and was so blessed to get it! It was perfect timing for my life, and the perfect time for change. I absolutely LOVE THE ER!!!!! The people down there are so great! I think you have to be a little corky to work in the ER to not let all of the bad and difficult things that you see affect you too deeply. I have already had tons of adventures and friends made! I can't wait for many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment