Saturday, August 4, 2012

I want the Lord to know I was REALLY HERE and that I REALLY LIVED!

Gratitude, positivity, service, optimism....all the things to be every single day! 

I am so grateful for beautiful people in my life. I have received SO many kind words that I can only hope to live up to someday! But I want to put them here in my "journal" so that I will never forget them and that I can refer back to them on difficult days.


"Hey Stephanie, im not quite sure if you remember me, but you were my visiting teacher. The other day I was browsing fb and I came a across your page. I just wanted to tell you, you always came across so put together and so happy and spiritual. Im sad that you have a very hard trial to go through. Just know that you have made a difference for people that you may not be aware of. Stay strong things will work out in the end, thanks for being you." 

This email was such a testimony to me of visiting teaching! I have never been great at it! And a lot of the time I have wondered if I have ever made an impact on any of the sisters lives...I know that the Lord can help others to feel the love that you have for them, and It was a reminder to me to keep doing the best I can and that hopefully I can be of some help to some of God's children as they have been to me!

"Hey Steph! I was just thinking about ya today and wanted to drop a little note to say how amazing you are . . . in doing so, I hope you are doing okay. It made me sick to my stomach thinking that you might be going through a hard time. You deserve the very best. I look up to you so much---I have always admired your deep strength and spirit, and not to sound cheesy, but your femininity! You truly represent the definition of "a daughter of God." I will always be grateful for the time we were able to spend together as a presidency. Even though it seems like it has been FOREVER since I've seen you, please know that you can call/message me any time if you need a listening ear. I love ya Steph!"

"Hey Love! I've wrestled with what to say. I don't know what happened, but I DO know that something so painful couldn't have happened to a more amazing person. I'm sorry for whatever happened but I want you to remember how absolutely phenomenal you are! I have always aspired to be like you. You are one of the most magnificent people I have ever met, and an absolutely shining example of our Savior. Thank you for being such a strong example to me." 

"Hey Steph I just wanted to tell you I think you are one of the most gorgeous girls who can't take a bad picture! You also are such a great example of living the gospel to it's fullest. You have always been such a good friend to me. You are so fun to be around and just uplift people with your presence! Your amazing! I'm so grateful to know a person like you."

 




I have been left overly and completely humbled by the kind words I have received! They have lifted me in my darkest hour and have left me in tears of gratitude. My hope is to only be the kind of person who is seen as an example and kind....These words have helped me to want to be better and to be an example of our Savior. I want to be more positive and serve others! I am so blessed to have a job that is caring for other people. It has helped me get through so many hard days because I am able to get my mind off of myself and my own selfish problems and to get to work helping others. I really believe I have the best job in the world!

"Marjorie Pay Hinckley - “I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.”

I love Sister Hinckley and hope someday I can be half the amazing woman she is:)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment