Saturday, January 26, 2013

He doesn't immediately try to make it better...he listens first

I have been amazed as I have grown in life and my understanding of it this far how truly and deeply my Savior knows me. There have been so many occasions that I have knelt in prayer to speak to my Heavenly Father when I am so deeply anguished and SO lonely.....and I have realized that he doesn't immediately try to make it better, he listens first. He lets me say what I need to say and then I am quickly turned to my Savior. Forgiveness has not always been easy...but when it happens I know that it is not me, but that it is my Heavenly Father working through me. All he requires is for me to not get in the way of his light and mercy and his brilliance. I know that the times I feel alone that I am never alone...I am grateful that God allows us tragedy's and trials in our life, not because they are easy or wanted.....but because they help me love. Because of them I have come to know my Brother who has known such sorrow and grief. And I deeply hope that one day I will be able to see him as he is and be able to be like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment