This weekend will go down as the most fun Labor Day I've ever had! We got invited by our family friend's
The Jacob's to go to their property in Chalk Creek. We packed up and left Friday after work.We got up around 7pm and unloaded and had dinner with everyone. Zach and I stayed down at the "Salt Cabin" while the others had brought their campers to stay in. Zach got up early to go
scouting for deer and elk with Jeremy Saturday morning. After cooking breakfast and cleaning up we loaded up on the four-wheelers for a long ride around the property. The Jacobs have just over 10,000 acres of
gorgeous property! We were gone until that evening so when we got back we cooked chicken and potatoes in the dutch oven. Zach and I were standing outside and he randomly grabbed me and hugged me and wouldn't let go....I thought he was being weird when right after
that my cute in-laws came around the corner with a cake lit up for me singing happy birthday! My bday is in a few days and these cute people had thought of surprising me up in the mountains. I'm so lucky to have Bob and Susan as my in-laws! After staying up visiting with everyone we headed down to our cozy little cabin. Zach
and I stayed up talking and snuggling and listening to the creek running right by the cabin. Sunday morning we cooked breakfast and hung around camp. We played horseshoes and games with the kids, took a nap, and then that afternoon we road the four-wheelers to the top
of the property to East Lake to go fishing. We had success and the kids even out-fished us! On the way back we enjoyed all of the scenery and found a bunch of elk we stopped to see on
the hillside. I loaded up and headed home that evening so I could work on Monday while Zach stayed up one more night. Monday they all went on a hike and Zach and his dad were able to find
the tree that they had carved into when he had killed his first buck. I can't believe they were able to find it out of 10,000 acres and thousands of trees! It was such a fun memory for
them! We had a blast with our family and friends! We are so lucky to have people like the Jacob's in our life! I grow to love Zach more every single day! He's my rock and I can't imagine my life without him in it!











No comments:
Post a Comment