Monday, August 3, 2015

Summer Lovin'

We had another fun summer weekend. I was on call this weekend so we couldn't go too far. Friday after work we went to Cherry Hill with Summer, Dave, and the kiddos. It was fun to go down the slides with Ty and float around the lazy river. at 8:30 pm the pools close and they have local bands play. We got out our blankets and chairs and listened to the band. The kids LOVED it! They were dancing all over the place! It was a beautiful night with a full moon.  

   
On Saturday I worked in the morning and then I was able to go to my best friends baby shower. I am so excited for Perri! She is absolutely glowing and this baby boy is going to be one happy, lucky, spoiled, adorable little man! I cannot wait to meet him soon! I feel so blessed to have true friends like this girl in my life!
Saturday night the hubs and I went out to a dollar movie. We saw Pitch Perfect 2....which wasn't that great, but the $1.25 popcorn made up for it. After the movie we went to one of our favorite little pizza joints called Pizzeria. It was a simple fun date night together that we got to just enjoy each other.   
On Sunday Zach was sweet enough to drive me to my patient early that morning. After we got back we got our lesson ready for Church to teach our little primary kiddos. It felt so good to go to church together and to just have a day a part from the hustle and bustle. Later Sunday night we went on a walk. It had clouded over so it wasn't too hot which was nice! We stopped by a park that isn't too far from our house and hopped on the swings. At first we just sat there and then I told him to try and swing as high as he could....seriously you can tell we are getting old when I couldn't stop laughing because it was tickling my stomach so much...This night is a memory I always want to remember just because of the simplicity of it! We were both there swinging together, so happy and carefree, and laughing our butts off! It's moments like this you get to stop and think how grateful you are for this life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment