Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Always learning!

I went to Institute yesterday even though I was completely overwhelmed with homework and it was the best decision I made (even though NO homework was done) :) I am always learning! Even if it's something i've been taught my whole life it's funny how we forget and can still be touched by something we've heard before. The lesson was SO good! The teachers taught it on reading your scriptures. I am much better at listening to conference talks than I am at reading my scriptures. But after the lesson was over I made it a goal to read my scriptures every single day no matter what. They promised that if we did that something would touch your life. They also promised that we would be better at the things that are important to ME personally. In Joshua 1:8 if promises that if you read the scriptures that you will have good success and prosperity. You'll be blessed with WHATEVER YOU NEED (who doesn't need that?). They shared some experiences about people who had been blessed with the temporal things because of reading your scriptures. Some of the points I was taught were:
  • You'll become independent.
  • You'll know how he will save you.
  • You'll have an eye single to his glory with nothing doubting.
  • There is nothing that you will not find an answer to.
  • Your mind will be enlightened.
  • Have the spirit of prophecy and revelation.
  • It is one of the most powerful weapons against the adversary.
  • Inspiration of the Holy Ghost.
  • They will sooth you.
  • You'll get a demension to your life that nobody else will get. 
  • It will increase your faith, increase your desire to do what's right, you'll feel inspiration, and have understanding.
Can you tell I'm in school because I'm making bullet points? Pathetic I know! I needed this lesson so badly right now! I NEED to be soothed, I need to feel enlightened and strengthened, I need a powerful weapon against the adversary when he is working so hard to bring me down and work on my weaknesses of inadequacy. I am taking the challenge to see how many days, months, and years that I can go reading my scriptures everyday. Thank you Heavenly Father for continually blessing me, guiding me, comforting me, letting me know it will all be ok.......and giving me the strength and tools to keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment