Wednesday, December 12, 2012
I'm so grateful to know what I know.
Throughout my nursing career I've had so many of those "aw ha" moments. I truly believe that in the time that someone is passing that that is the closest you will ever be to the veil. Irregardless of their age, race, upbringing, religion, or life I have had some of the most sacred moments caring for these people. During the time of someone's passing whether it was sudden or something that the family had been preparing for my only hope is that somehow I can leave them with some form of peace at that time. I recently had a patient pass away that was far too young and far too sudden. After things had settled down and I went to give my condolences to the husband he went on to say that she had two grand-babies on the way that she would never get to meet....I responded that maybe she was getting to meet them right now:) He paused and sat there for a minute and hesitantly said yeah...maybe...My heart ached for him! I cannot imagine the anguish that would come with the loss of a loved one without the hope of seeing them again someday. I feel so incredibly blessed to know I will see my friends and family again after death. I love the Plan of Salvation so much and even though life truly can be SO hard....that I am able to have a peace and comfort to know there is a plan and that we are not aimlessly living our lives on this Earth with no hope for a future. I am one lucky girl to have the job I have, to be humbled on a daily basis by the circumstances I see others facing, and to have a beautiful Gospel of love and hope in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment